[Fontinst] T1/fcd/m/sc has wrong glyph for \v{z}, ! in \~{[C-LR-Zc-LR-Z]}

Lars Hellström lars.hellstrom at residenset.net
Thu Jun 16 14:14:14 CEST 2005

At 12.01 +0200 2005-06-16, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>	’Ä¢ \v{z} becomes ``&¬¥¬¥
>	’Ä¢ \~ on each of these [C-LR-Zc-LR-Z] leads to an ! printed on the
>character, only \~[ANOano] are correct
>
>What's going wrong here?

What's clear from the above is that some characters in the VFs you've made
are quite wrong (not what they should be for a T1 font), whereas others are
correct. The phenonemon with respect to \~ that you describe is consistent
with the "tilde accent" character having been replaced by an exclamation
mark, but the composites being as they're supposed to be. (If you try
writing e.g.
  \~{\empty A}
instead they you should see the exclamation mark also on A; the \empty here
expands to nothing but has the effect of fooling LaTeX's composite
character detection mechanism into not detecting the \~A composite.)

It also seems the fontinst command file is OK, so you'll have to do some
debugging. My suggestion is that you look at the font tables for the base
fonts fcdr8r and fcdr8p and check whether these conform with the intended
encodings. (I'd use the PlainTeX testfont.tex for this, but that is partly
because I can't remember whether there is a LaTeX equivalent). If the font
tables look as they should, then some glyph names are wrong. If the font
tables do not look as they should, then the PS fonts are wrong.

>Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
>Without vi there is only GNU Emacs

Luckily, that isn't true. (I can't stand either.)