[Fontinst] The fontinst manual

Philipp Lehman lehman at gmx.net
Mon Jul 26 20:41:52 CEST 2004

Am Montag, 26. Juli 2004 18:35 schrieb Walter Schmidt:

> I doubt that the path to the AFM files is normally part of the
> TeX input path!

Don't be too sure of that. Current Tetex has this in texmf.cnf:

> % Fontinst needs to read afm files.
> TEXINPUTS.fontinst = .;$TEXMF/tex//;$TEXMF/fonts/afm//

Unless I'm getting something wrong that requires calling kpathsea with
"--format fontinst" though, so it will not really work in practice ;)

> Why no simply suggest to copy the required AFMs into the current directory?

That's what I'm suggesting in the figuide as well: put all the files you're
working with in a temporary directory.

--
Philipp Lehman <lehman at gmx.net>