[Fontinst] OpenType and TeX

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Mon Dec 1 20:40:36 CET 2003

Hi,

excuse me for cross-posting.

I'm wondering if somebody is out there who has successfully installed
OpenType fonts for TeX using the amazing lcdftools and fontinst?

Especially interesting with pdftex's font expansion feature.

I've made some experiments with Adobe Jenson Pro Opticals but I didn't
go the main stream way. In fact I used the -E (--extend) option which
is like afm2tfm's 'e' option as I thwarted with fontinst and the --pl
option of ofmtotfm---wow, my generated expanded pl versions via
\xscalefont got up to 2MB.

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr