[Fontinst] Cyrillic

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Tue Apr 8 19:38:24 CEST 2003

I've some questions concerning cyrillic TeX support.

Wanted: easy keyboard input like the transliteration scheme of Walter
Schmidt (with OT2 coded fonts) but with modified input encoding. I would
like to have a "german" input coding and not "english" (e.g., 'sch'
instead of 'sh', 'ch' instead of 'kh', etc.pp.). How can I achieve this?

How can I replace CM fonts in this setup by CM-super (better cyrillic
glyphs)?

How can I setup other fonts which have cyrillic glyphs for use in TeX?
What's the standard procedure? (I would like to extract the cyrillic
part of Linotype Palatino OT, and Apostrophic Labs Propaganda, etc.pp.,
and maybe Lazurski)

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr