[Fontinst] latest fixes for fontinst 1.914

Philipp Lehman lehman at gmx.net
Mon Mar 17 20:36:27 CET 2003

On Montag, 17. März 2003 17:50, Lars Hellström wrote:

> Hmm... Exactly *what* are you seeing? As far as I can tell, the
> code should do exactly what it (according to your reference on
> Polish typography) is supposed to: make sure that the dots on i and
> zdotaccent are vertically aligned.

Sorry for jumping in in the middle of this, but are you guys really
sure that this is the way to go? The dot on an i is not an accent,
it's part of the letter! As such, it is is placed higher than e.g. a
dieresis accent. That's why there are fi and ffi ligatures but no fä,
fö, fë, etc. ligatures after all.

I'm not familiar with the typography of slavic languages but I'd
expect the dot accent to be vertically aligned with other accents,
most notably the dieresis accent. Compare: éë\.e

--
Philipp Lehman  <lehman at gmx.net>