[Fontinst] A classic: SC & OSF sets

Philipp Lehman lehman@gmx.net
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:41:45 +0100

On Saturday 11 January 2003 18:45, Lars Hellström wrote:

Lars, thanks for you reply.

> Getting everything right with SC&OsF fonts is usually a job for
> \reglyphfont.

The problem is that I'm trying to write a recipe that will work for
version 1.8 and \reglyphfont is in the prerelease branch only. So I
guess this means that there is no way of getting a SC & OSF set right
with 1.8 short of renaming each and every glyph individually and
adjusting the kerning tables?

Let me check if I understand how \reglyphfont would be employed in
this case, though. Instead of:

\installfont{psbrj8t}{psbr8r,unsetnum,kernoff,psbrc8r,kernon,latin}{t1}%
  {T1}{psbj}{m}{n}{}

I'd go like this:

\reglyphfonts
  \input csc2x
  \reglyphfont{psbrc8x}{psbrc8r}
\endreglyphfonts

\installfont{psbrj8t}{psbr8r,unsetnum,psbrc8x,latin}{t1}%
  {T1}{psbj}{m}{n}{}

Is this correct? What's the difference between csc2x.tex and
csckrn2x.tex anyway?

But actually, the mechanism used under the hood still involves
renaming each and every glyph, right? The difference is that
csc2x.tex will do that for me and the \reglyphfonts supports 'batch'
jobs, so to speak.

--
Philipp Lehman  <lehman@gmx.net>