[Fontinst] Mantinia

Philipp Lehman lehman@gmx.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:43:02 +0100

On Saturday 11 January 2003 16:29, Adrian Heathcote wrote:

> Yes, I think it is. The names in the file seem to match the
> characters in the MacRoman encoding---except where they have been
> replaced by Mantinia's special glyphs.

But they still use MacRoman glyph names, right?

> Is there a way getting from this special encoding to something that
> fontinst can make sense of?

There's been a discussion about an update to 8r encoding recently to
incorporate all glyphs found in MacRoman. As far as I know it didn't
show up in the fontinst-prerelease directory on CTAN yet but I could
send you the etx and enc files.

> (I have already adapted the manx.mtx file to rename the glyphs in
> their positions.)

This would not be necessary when using the updated encoding vectors.
You simply reencode the fonts to 8r and work with them as usual.

--
Philipp Lehman  <lehman@gmx.net>