[Fontinst] Alternate Help Req.

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote@philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:31:10 +1100

Hi all

I'm trying to follow Alan Honig's recipe for the installation of the
Alternate Garamond glyps---as per pp. 221--6. (The swash figures, etc.)

I've reproduced his padalt.mtx and ot1padl.etx and put them where they
should be. I've made up an installation file as follows (again
following the instructions in the book).
\input fontinst.sty

\installfonts
\installfamily{OT1}{pad}{}
\installfont{padr7l}
{padr7t,padr8l,latin,padalt}{ot1padl}{OT1}{pad}{m}{ar}{}
\installfont{padri7l}
{padri7t,padri8l,latin,padalt}{ot1padl}{OT1}{pad}{m}{ai}{}
\endinstallfonts
\bye

However, it will not process. I get `No file fontinst.rc.' in the log
file.

Also `I can't find file ``padr7t.mtx'''.

Nor can I. (I had just done a run of the standard Agaramond, so the
current directory had all of the standard mtx and pl files present.)

My guess is that the version of fontinst that I am using (1.8) has
changed something from Alan's day but what has gone wrong I cannot
guess.

Any help *very* gratefully received. This is my first attempt at the
'power user' end of fontinst.

Thanks in advance

Adrian Heathcote