`scaled' keyword in fontinst 1.914?

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom@math.umu.se
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:42:11 +0200

At 20.36 +0200 2002-08-21, Christian Swinehart wrote:
>I have another basic question:
>
>In previous versions of fontinst I was able to
>globally resize characters via the `scaled' keyword:
>\installfont{0smr8t}{0smr8r scaled 780,latin}{T1}{T1}%
>{0sm}{m}{n}{}
>
>However, after installing the current
>fontinst-prerelease, this no longer seems to have any
>effect. Has the syntax been changed? (I apologize if
>this is covered in the source code, but my TeX is
>pretty poor...)

No, this should work exactly as in v1.8. You can test it by inputing the
following MTX file with a scaled suffix

\relax
\metrics

\ifisint{rawscale}\then
  \message{Scale factor is \strint{rawscale}.}
\else
  \message{This file is not being scaled.}
\fi

\endmetrics

You will get a message saying which scaling factor is being used.

Lars Hellström