wrong ligatures in ae and ze tt fonts

Uwe Koloska uwe.koloska@mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 13:09:24 +0200

Am Samstag, 23. Juni 2001 14:12 hast du geschrieben:

> Any monospaced font installed by fontinst yields the
> same result:  With OT1 encoding, "--" gives "--",
> with T1 it gives "-".

But what about this excerpt from 8r.etx:

\setslot{hyphen}
   \ifisint{typewriter}\then\Else
      \ligature{LIG}{hyphen}{endash}
%       \ligature{LIG}{alternate-hyphen}{endash}
   \Fi
   \comment{The hyphen `-'.}
\endsetslot

Not that I really understand what's going on in fontinst ;-)

But, based on the answer to the question "are ligatures part
of an encoding":  wouldn't it be a good idea to copy this behaviour
to t1.etx?

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de