setting the xheight

Walter Schmidt walter.schmidt@arcormail.de
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:04:35 -0500

Hi,

please, take a look at the following fontinst script:

   \installfont{zptmcm7y}
      {kernoff,cmsy10,kernon,zryhax,ptmr8r,psyr,%
       unsetalf,rsfs10,zrykernx,mathsy}
      {OMS}{OMS}{ztmcm}{m}{n}{}

cmsy10.mtx contains \setint{xheight}{0430}, so I would assume
that this would become the xheight of the generated font,
since any subsequent \setint{xheight} would not overwrite it.

However, the xheight of rsfs10 gets finally into the result.
This will happen with fontinst 1.801 as well a 1.9x.
Notice that neither zryhax.mtx nor zrykernx.mtx issue a
\resetint{xheight}.

Are my assumptions wrong, or is this a fontinst bug?

thank you in advance for your help

Walter