fontinst v1.910 announcement

Walter Schmidt walter.schmidt@arcormail.de
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:46:13 -0500

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:15:51 +0100, Ulrik Vieth wrote:

>Anyway, the question remains whether all those arrows in euex
>still make sense after Knuth's redesign of CM arrows in 1993(?).

Indeed: The shape of the arrow heads is somewhat different,
but the Euler arrows are in no way "darker" than the CM ones.

I never paid attention to this, so far!

Having taken a closer look now, I tend to second the notion,
that CM arrows can well be used in conjunction with the
Euler math fonts.  This will eliminate the need to redefine
all the arrow-making macros, as euler.sty does.

Walter