Trying to do something very simple...

Jeffrey McArthur jeffmcarthur@home.com
Sat, 15 May 1999 00:42:11 -0400

I don't need to use fontinst on a daily basis, so please forgive me if I
have asked this before:  how do I rearrange the order of glyphs in a symbol
font?

(The person who normally creates fonts is out sick.  When he created a
symbol font for me, he put the glyphs in the wrong places.  Rather than
trying to learn Fontographer, I ended up using atm2tfm to create a vpl and
then edited the vpl to put the glyphs back in the proper order.  I was
hoping to find a way that would be easier to explain to the rest of my
programming staff.  Their eyes start to glaze over when I start talking
about vpl files.)