.fd file names from fontinst

Paul Walker pentode!paul@uugw.hifn.com
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:41:18 -0800 (PST)

Hello -

    I recently downloaded the psfonts archive from CTAN.  I was
surprised to find that the *.fd files have lower case names.  The
version of LaTeX I'm using generates upper case names.  Why do the files
have lower case names?  It seems to have been intentional, based on a
comment in the fontinst package.  Do most people use Tex on systems that
are case-insensitive?  Or is there a newer version of LaTeX that
generates a lower case name?

    I'm using texmf 6.9, and dvips, running on an Apollo Domain/OS
system.

    If you can help me directly, that would be great.  If not, perhaps
you can point me in the right direction.

TIA,
    Paul Walker
--
Paul Walker  (760) 599-0286
    UUCP:      ...!{uugw,remlap}!pentode!paul