bug in 8r.enc? (was Re: newbie question)

Sebastian Rahtz s.rahtz@elsevier.co.uk
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:35:14 +0000 (GMT)

Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren writes:
 > | adding (say)
 > |
 > | ptmr8r   Times-Roman       "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont"  <8r.enc
 > |
 > | to psfonts.map, inputting x gives z where cmr gives x.
 > |
 > | am I doing something wrong?

its hard to believe that such a coarse error in 8r.enc would have
survived so long. I'd review the other files

Sebastian

From r.m.b.lindgren@usit.uio.no 12 Jan 1999 14:15:13 +0100
From: Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren <r.m.b.lindgren@usit.uio.no>
Date: 12 Jan 1999 14:15:13 +0100
To: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@elsevier.co.uk>
Cc: fontinst@cogs.susx.ac.uk
Subject: Re: bug in 8r.enc? (was Re: newbie question)

[ Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren writes:

| ptmr8r   Times-Roman       "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont"  <8r.enc
|
| to psfonts.map, inputting x gives z where cmr gives x.
|
| am I doing something wrong?

[ Sebastian Rahtz

| its hard to believe that such a coarse error in 8r.enc would have
| survived so long. I'd review the other files

it's not actually x that gives z, if that's what you've read.  it's
oslash that gives uacute.  many of the other position > 127 glyphs are
misplaced as well.  I _do_ believe such errors can survive long, it's
happened before.

I believe it's the ec encoding I want.
--
Rolf Lindgren