Misplaced code

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:14:27 +0100 (MET)

Concernant « Re: Misplaced code », Alan Jeffrey écrit : «
» Hmm... I think I agree with your assessment here: the boundarychar is an
» encoding, not a metrics issue.  This might be something that's so old
» that it's become a `feature' though...

i doubt...
 Isn't it even safer _not_ to set it when it's not used?

This said, as visiblespace and some other ascii charachters are the
first ones you'd like to replace by usefull glyphs when you face fonts
with many usefull glyphs (as a Swash italic fonts, with automated
swash initials/endings through <BDCHR> ligs -- so keeping also the
normal versions of the whole u&lcs for inner-word letters)  i alway s
had to move it elsewhere in such bizarre encodings (\char0 was usually
OK).
Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.