non-integer numbers support in afm files

Alan Jeffrey ajeffrey@cs.depaul.edu
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:20:41 -0500

There is some logic in fontinst for parsing non-integer AFM values,
but off the top of my head I can't remember which AFM units are allowed
to be fp units.  This is something Adobe changed their minds about: fontinst
was originally written for v3 of the AFM file format spec, and fp units were
introduced in v4.  If someone's feeling brave, they could go through the
current AFM file format spec and work out where fontinst
would have to allow fp units, then hack the AFM parser to cope...

Alan.