Fontinst modifications

Ulrik Vieth vieth@thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:51:10 +0200

> Don't start from the v1.335 docs!  Start from the v1.5 docs in
> ftp://ftp.cogs.susx.ac.uk/pub/tex/fontinst-beta.tgz which fix
> a lot of the bugs you're talking about.

Thanks.  I didn't even know that it existed (other than seeing it
mentioned here), but it's certainly a better point to start from.

After having a quick look at it, there's one point that puzzles me:
fontinst 1.511 talks about installing expertized fonts (9t/9e)
as well as expertized oldstyle fonts (9o/9d), but in fontinst 1.6
the \if_oldstyle switch seems to have disappeared.  What happened?

Cheers, Ulrik.