[edutex] Seeking feedback on a beginner's guide to LaTex

Hefferon, James S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Wed Feb 14 14:59:43 CET 2018

II'm not sure it is what this group is about but there is no other traffic,k so what the heck?  :-)

I like the doc; these things are a hard balance.  I'll just make a couple of suggestions, based on the reactions my US undergrad  students have when I make them use LaTeX in the Proofs class.

1) Kids these days have no idea what an editor is.  Perhaps simply send them to an online site?

2) I might omit microtypography.  I might instead have more math--It is LaTeX's market..  My folks asked for a cheet sheet, so I gave them https://ctan.org/pkg/undergradmath.

3) In my PDF viewer, the "WYSIWYG" looks funny.  Could be the viewer.

Jim

... and if I did fall,
  I would fly.  -- Philippe Petit