[edutex] TeX teaching

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Sun Jul 23 22:55:13 CEST 2017

Dear friends at EduTeX

I've just had a nice talk with Jennifer and Dennis Claudio at a Palo
Alto cafe (I am moving to this area due to a change of my job).  The
ideas below are mostly theirs (modulo my mistakes and
misunderstanding).

Is it possible for us to create

1.  A sample syllabus for teaching TeX (LaTeX OR ConTeXt).

2.  An online instructor certification program, where anybody can get
    a paper that a person have studied the syllabus, passed the test
    and can teach TeX herself.

The certification should be free (or deeply discounted) for school
teachers, probably modestly priced for everybody else, with any
proceedings benefitting TUG and TeX education fund.

Are there people on this list interested in this activity?

--
Good luck

-Boris

"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to conquer the
world."
		-- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.