[dvipdfmx] unknown options not reported when reading stdin

Shunsaku Hirata shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 22:38:27 CET 2021

> 2021/11/18 6:22、Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>のメール:
>
>     Processing of command line options are delayed until options
>    supplied by config specials in the first page of the input DVI are
>    processed.
>
> Wow. Is that really needed/desirable? I can't think of any other program
> that operates that way.

Otherwise, for example, in the situation that only DVI file is available there is no easy way to change the settings. Also, considering that such specials can be embedded in included external files such as style files, which is not evident to users, it is desirable to guarantee that the command line options are processed at last and hence they override the settings.

Thanks,
Shunsaku Hirata