[dvipdfmx] Adobe PDF, Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Microsoft Word, XeTeX, and (x)dvipdfm(x).

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Thu May 27 19:20:01 CEST 2021

Over the past couple of days, I have made a substantial number of small
changes to an MS Word document; on each occasion, as well as saving in
MS Word format (.docx) I have also saved the document as Adobe PDF
(.pdf).  In the course of so doing, I have realised that MS Word can
instruct Adobe Acrobat (and probably Adobe Reader) to close the PDF and
then re-open it once the changes have been made. Is there any reason why
the (x)dvipdfm(x) back-end to XeTeX cannot [be enhanced to] do the same ?
--
/Philip Taylor/