[dvipdfmx] XObject form bounding box problem

Petr Krajník petrkrajnik at outlook.cz
Wed Jun 19 14:31:30 CEST 2019

Hi, while working an optimizing PDF output from dvipdfmx I found some
strange thing when working on XObject forms. It seems, that the \hoffset
and \voffset are added to the bounding box and xobject matrix. So the
code would shifted values by \hoffset resp. \voffset.

I think that in many of use cases this problem is masked as user use
pdf:literal or pdf:content specials that inserts the correct cm matrix
that correct the coordinates. But these additional matrixes are not
needed without the problem above.

Is there a reason for adding \hoffset and \voffset to the bounding box?
I think its a bug as isolated xobject should not be bounded to these
values. Or I missed something?

And also the default added color "0 g 0 G" on the begin of the stream is
pretty useless as xobjects inherit this from the environment where the
form is called. And if user want he can change it.

Thank you.

Best regards
Petr Krajnik