[dvipdfmx] \special{pdf:pageresources and named objects

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Aug 12 10:26:24 CEST 2019

Hello Shunsaku,

> To address this issue, I tried several workaround which does not
> require extending existing specials or introducing new one, however,
> I found no satisfactory solution.

> So, I may need to consider extending pdf:pageresource.
> For example,

>   \special{pdf:pageresource /ExtGState @testextgs}

> With the above syntax, the content of @testextgs, which is reference
> to a dictionary object, is to be merged to page's ExtGState resource
> dictionary. (processed at the end of page)

> Any suggestions on this?

It would be nice to be able to tell xdvipdfmx e.g. at the start of a
document or from some page on "always use this object (only or
additionally) for /ExtGState". But if it doesn't fit well into the
rest of the xdvipdfmx code, it is isn't really a must -- using
\AtBeginShipout to add the resource works. It shouldn't
led to awkward or fragile code.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ulrike Fischer