[dviout] Latex -> DVI problem

VIKASH . vikash4exploring at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 22:01:39 CEST 2011

Hi!
I have installed TEXLIVE 2011 in my laptop. OS is windows vista. I
tried doing some testings on the texniccenter I had installed. Latex
-> PDF and latex - > PS works fine and respective output files are
created in the respective folder. But latex_> DVI is not working. On
building and viewing with this option, it builds with no errors but I
could not view the output file generated from the texnicenecter. It
pops the message "DVI file could not be read".
However When i go the respective folder I can see the respective dvi
file generated there. It seems a shortcut though with just the size of
1 KB. When I click there I can see the desired DVI file. But it is a
shortcut to the file. I have no idea where my file actually resides
and why i can't see it immediately when generated while working  on
the texniccenter.
Could you please look into my problem and suggest any possible
solution to this. I will appreciate your help on this.

thank You !
Best Regards,
Vikash pandey