[biblio] Bibligraphy without square brackets

Oren Patashnik op at CS.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jun 21 08:41:42 CEST 2010

> I'm trying to generate my bibliography but in this way: ('cause editor
> restrictions)
>
> 1.    Autor1, Article1 ... and so on.
> 2.   Autor2,Article2....
>
> without brackets, not like every "Normal Reference" section that I found.
> I have no idea why! they want that format, but I need to submit my paper
> using this format (without square brackets).
> Googling, I just found ways to change the label (using plain.bst, alpha,
> etc),  but nothing about brackets.

Basically, it's LaTeX code (e.g. in a .sty file) not BibTeX code (in a
.bst file) that controls whether you use brackets or not.  For an
example of how to omit brackets in the biblabel, see apalike.sty,
which I think always gets distributed with BibTeX.

-- Oren