[accessibility] Current packages and methods of generating tagged PDF from LaTeX

Ulrike Fischer fischer at troubleshooting-tex.de
Mon Jul 1 09:08:50 CEST 2019

> The acmart class uses the Libertine fonts. I noticed in the output
> of Adobe Reader that letters occurring in ligatures were omitted,
> suggesting that there was an issue with the mapping of those glyphs to the correct Unicode sequences.

The acmart class is not adapted to lualatex. It uses type1-fonts and
the wrong fontencoding when used with this engine. As it has some code for
xelatex it wouldn't be to difficult for the maintainer to adjust this,
but someone will have to ask them.

acmart is probably not the best class to start playing around with
tagging. It has quite a lot rather special settings.

Ulrike Fischer