[accessibility] Current packages and methods of generating tagged PDF from LaTeX

Ulrike Fischer fischer at troubleshooting-tex.de
Sun Jun 30 23:23:06 CEST 2019

> As a naïve user of the tagpdf package, here are some initial comments.

> If I use the "uncompress" option to \tagpdfsetup, with current TeX
> Live 2019 (on a Mac OS machine, though that probably doesn't
> matter), I get the following from lualtex:

> ! Undefined control sequence.
\key code >> uftag/setup/compresslevel/0 ...sable:

If you find such errors, please add an issue to the github tracker.

One command name in expl3 has changed. It will take some days to sort
this out. In the mean time try

\ExplSyntaxOn
\cs_new_protected:Nn \driver_pdf_objects_disable:
{\driver_pdf_compress_objects:n{false}}
\ExplSyntaxOff

before calling the \tagpdfsetup command.

> The acmart class uses the Libertine fonts. I noticed in the output
> of Adobe Reader that letters occurring in ligatures were omitted,
> suggesting that there was an issue with the mapping of those glyphs to the correct Unicode sequences.

> Unfortunately, I can't share the document yet, due to copyright
> considerations, but that situation may change.

Here too: if you see problems add an issue to the github tracker. You
don't need to share confidential documents. Simple replace the text by
dummy text.

Ulrike Fischer