Problems with TDS mirror on CTAN

K. Berry twg-tds@mail.tug.org
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:36:34 -0500 (EST)

    I just had a look at CTAN:FILES.last07days and shocked to find the
    following.  Don't tell me that you want to have all of web2c-6.99x
    (including objects files and binaries!) mirrored on CTAN this way.

No, of course not.

It must be something in the way tds gets mirrored -- looks like it's
getting all of ftp.tug.org:/private.
1) *nothing* from /private should end up on CTAN; that's not an official
   release.
2) tds.tar.gz would be the only relevant thing anyway.

texk/... ended up there because I used the directory as temporary space
for a test build of web2c.  And I need to keep using it that way.
It's just junk as far as the rest of the world is concerned.

The official TDS release as far as I'm concerned will be
ftp.tug.org:/tex/tds/.

Sorry I can't investigate in more detail right now.