plethora of filetypes

Ulrik Vieth TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Fri, 31 May 1996 10:32:29 +0200

Karl wrote:

> I don't know how much effort we should expend on making a tds 1.0
> document, but anyway, here's a filetype glossary courtesy of Rocky
> Bernstein that we could maybe adapt. I wanted to get it into the light
> of day before I forgot, anyway.

Nice idea.  I'll have a closer look at it when I have more time.
Quite a long time ago, I had the plan of writing two HTML pages
explaining a) the purpose of all the TeX-related programs and
b) the role of all the TeX-related file types with many hyperlinks
in between those two documents.  Unfortunately, I've never found
the time to pursue this idea.  Perhaps, this might be the basis
for a new start of such a project.

Cheers, Ulrik.