TeX CD

Sebastian Rahtz TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Wed, 8 May 1996 15:51:27 +0100

 > ./texmf/doc/tex/astro/astrosym.doc
 > ./texmf/doc/tex/astro/astrosym.tex
 > ./texmf/doc/tex/astro/astrosym.dvi
 > ./texmf/doc/tex/tengwar/quenya.dvi
 > ./texmf/doc/tex/tengwar/sindarin.dvi
 > ./texmf/doc/tex/tengwar/quenya.tex
 > ./texmf/doc/tex/tengwar/sindarin.tex
 >
 > What are these doing here?  I'd say they belong into texmf/doc/fonts/...
 > In my understanding temxf/doc/tex is only for documentation about TeX
 > itself, i.e. mostly Knuth's own stuff.
i shall poke at those, thanks

 > ./texmf/doc/pdf/index/style/style.ddd
 > temporary junk left over from PDF distillation runs?  At least to me
this is an Acrobat Search index of PDF files made from all .dvi files

 > ./texmf/fonts/pk/ljfour/tmp/dpi600/cmbr8.pk
 > [...]
 >
 > Hmm, why fonts/pk/<mode>/tmp?  Perhaps, something misconfigured or
 > missing in fontnames/special.map?
yup, you guessed. special.map is fixed now. i'll zap these

 > ./texmf/fonts/pk/ljfour/ams/extracm/dpi600/pktmp.15458
 >
 > This looks like something went wrong during a MakeTeXPK run once.
ahem

 > /texmf/fonts/tfm/tmp/cirbf.tfm
as above. will zap

 > For which Emacs have these .elc files been byte-compiled?  If you're
 > unlucky, files compiled with a recent GNU Emacs might be completely
they were emacs 19.30. but ..

 > Since this is a very situation, just providing the raw .el files
 > would be safer, i.e. more portable, albeit a little slower to use.
 > Another alternative might be using subdirectories emacs/<system>
 > just as we have bin/<system>.
i just did that in a hurry, i dont propose to aadvertise it at all.
we can do it `right' some other day

 > something.  However, there must be always be room for improvements
 > in the second edition ;-)  According to Murphy's law, you'll probably
 > discover the first bug as soon as you unpack the first copy of the
 > final product.  Never mind, that's life.
which is why i am only asking for 500 copies to be made....

sebastian