TUG Unix CD: HTML documentation

David Carlisle TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 96 12:16:53 GMT

> i feel inclined to leave them as .html and let them fall through to
> .htm, at this stage

If I understood Ulrik's description then `falling through' will not
produce a set of links that is useable on an ISO/DOS system.

>  All the filenames
> are constructed as <title>_<nnn>.html automatically by texi2html
> and all the links will fail if you rename them.

so presumably when truncated to 8+3 the various <title>_<nnn> will
typically all look like the same file, <titl> ?

I hate DOS:-)

However it would be nice to at least ensure that for any new files
that are created in the TDS part of the CD at least have unique names
when truncated to 8+3.

David