TUG Unix CD: HTML documentation

Ulrik Vieth TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:47:40 +0100

Sebastian writes:

>> which should be capable of handling them.  If you feel strongly
>> about this in texmf/doc/html, then put the whole tree elsewhere,
>> i.e. at a top-level html directory.

> well, this *is* a TDS question. surely we should be sure that the TDS
> tree contains ISO conformant files?

> i feel inclined to leave them as .html and let them fall through to
> .htm, at this stage

Well, index.html vs. index.htm isn't the real problem.  The real
problem is what do you do with a directory full of files named
as "kpathsea_<nnn>.html" where <nnn>=1..45 or "toc".  Surely not
truncate them all to 8+3?  Same problem arises for all documents
whose title is more then 4 characters, i.e. nearly all of them.
You'll have to regard these texi2html-generated files as similar
to Info files which also don't care about 8+3 names.

Cheers, Ulrik.