TDS / Unix CD work

TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:06:07 -0500

    > Package: A much larger set of PostScript metrics
    > Who: SPQR

    I'm skeptical about that.  Anything that goes beyond the basic

I think including your metrics for all the PS fonts is a great idea.
But I also think the way to organize it is according to what fonts users
actually have, i.e., the installation options are:
1) freefonts + 35
2) bitstream 500 font cd
3) monotype cd
4) y&y lucida
and whatever else. *Not* by selecting individual typefaces or vendors,
since everyone will have adobe/*/utopia, but few will have adobe/*/garamond.

If you *really* want to go overboard, we could construct a list of the
Type 1's supplied by the Unix vendors and have more options:
5) AIX Type 1's
6) SunOS Type 1's
etc.

If the installation script (assuming its existence) works off a database
that maps installation options to directories to install off the CD,
this would be easy.