tex directory structure draft version 0.104 available

bbeeton TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 08:53:37 -0500 (EST)

joachim:
    in TUGboat, I assume that it will be 1.0 and no `draft' any more.

karl:
    Actually, I had thought it would be desirable to keep the version
    printed in TUGboat as a ``draft'', lest people who have not yet had a
    chance to comment or seen it believe a standard has been promulgated
    without any opportunity for non-electronic input. I realize this means
    1.0 will most likely never be published in TUGboat, but I'm not sure
    that's a significant drawback.

i agree with karl here -- there *are* people out there who still have
no electronic connection to the world, and it would be unfortunate and
unwise, i believe, to exclude them from a chance to comment.  so making
what is published in tugboat a very obviously "all but 1.0" (the .999
does have that connotation, so i'm for it) is what i favor.

(i will try to read the actual text and comment, if necessary, before
the tugboat due date, but i'm very heavily loaded with deadlines, and
it may not be possible.  i shall certainly check it over after it is
officially submitted, and consult with karl if i have any questions,
which i don't anticipate.  i think everyone has done an excellent job,
and intend to thank the group in print.)
						-- bb