Opening a can of worms

Joachim Schrod TWG-TDS@SHSU.edu
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 00:14:08 +0100 (MEZ)

sebastian wrote:

>  > As long as one maintains a TeX system that runs on a real operating
>  > system, one must not be hindered to install files with their real
>  > names. I.e., if there is the file cwebparts.sty, one should not
> i dont agree. i think those of us who use real OSes should conform to
> the standards of the handicapped

And what do you do with documents that say

\usepackage{fancyheadings}

? Ignore the error message that a file fancyheadings.sty could not be
found, since it's called fancyhea.sty on your TDS-compliant
installation?

>  > require that this file is stored as cwebpart.sty or under any other
>  > name. It might be necessary, and we must hint to that portability
> we should very strongly discourage cwebparts.sty from existing under
> that name!

Will you discard all macro files that don't conform to 8.3 from CTAN?
(Some of them might have been written by me. :-)

	Joachim

Joachim Schrod			Email: schrod@iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de
Computer Science Department
Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany