TeX - ! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jul 10 00:04:46 CEST 2019

I am a long-standing (if somewhat naïve and simple minded) LaTeX user
(I have never used plain TeX) and I cannot for the life of me understand
what Carlos is complaining about.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the error message in question.  It
seems to me to mean exactly what it says.  I have often encountered this
error message in the past (due to buggering up the LaTeX code in my
inimitable manner) and I have had no trouble whatsoever in interpreting
the message and working out how to emend the buggered up LaTeX code
accordingly.

Please give it a rest, Carlos.

cheers,

Rolf Turner