Issues installing palatino font.

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Aug 2 04:14:01 CEST 2019

On 2019-08-01 at 22:41:56 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:

 > On 31/07/2019 10:11, Pedro Bonilla Villalba wrote:
 > > I would be grateful if you could help me install palatino fonts in I my
 > > Windows 10 machine with TexLive 2019 fresh installed (yesterday).
 >
 > As far as I know you don't need to install them separately, as they come
 > built into every modern TeX installation. Test:
 >
 > \documentclass{article}
 > \usepackage{palatino}
 > \begin{document}
 > This is Palatino.
 > \end{document}
 >
 > That should show you Palatino.

A better approach is

  \usepackage{mathpazo}
  \usepackage{tgpagella}

This gives you full maths support and TeX Gyre Pagella provides more
glyphs than the fonts shipped with Ghostscript.  Furthermore, the
fonts you get with \usepackage{palatino} are partly broken.  Look at
the glyphs "D" and "T" at low resolutions.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de