Re: Helvetic font

An interesting "postscript" to Walter Schmidt's response about
downloading Helvetica for Postscript or PDF.  It is actually
impossible in my Unix version of distiller to load and subset
the core fonts such as Times, Helvetica, etc.  Even if you set
SubsetFonts true and MaxSubsetPct 100, the PDF file will still
not include any part of the core fonts.  I once managed to get
Times into a PDF document by using Bitstream Dutch801, which is
what Bitstream has to call it because Linotype owns the name.
(On several laser printers, what passes for printer-resident
Times is really Dutch801-SWA,  SetWidthAdobe.)

--
Email:  mackay@cs.washington.edu		Pierre A. MacKay
Smail:  Department of Classics			Emeritus Druid for