Re: frutiger names in adobe.map

At 04:28 PM 9/18/2000 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
>Sebastian Rahtz writes:
>
>>> is 8r still o.k.? ther were times when LY1 was a favourite...
>> 8r does not include /mu. ly1 does
>
>Did I miss something? My version of 8r.enc does include /mu:

8r does, T1 does not, which is why you need TS1 when using T1.

By the way, in response to another comment in this thread: most
text fonts in Type 1 format have 228 "standard" glyphs, which are
all in both LY1 and 8r.  A very few fonts (like Lucida Latin, European
Modern / EM, Lucida Sans Unicode etc.) have many more than 256.

On another note: in my personal work I have switched entirely to
using the PS FontName as the TFM file name. Removes one more
layer of naming confusion!  Particularly handy with Multiple Masters / MM.

--
Berthold K.P. Horn  mailto:bkph@ai.mit.edu  http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/bkph (MT)

http://www.yandy.com/usely1.htm
http://www.yandy.com/ly1.htm