Re: partial downloading with dvips

Hi:

I believe the problem may be that true Adobe PS interpreters
used in some popular Apple printers made during a certain
period cannot handle more than two elements in the
StemSnapH and StemSnapV lists.  This font has:

/StemSnapH [ 19 21 28 33 52 ] ND
/StemSnapV [ 17 18 19 36 39 45 52 129 212 ] ND

There is code one can add to test for printers of this type
and then use shortened lists, but this font does not use this
(tedious) refinement
(there are other problems with this font such as
many reversed contours, and truly chaotic "auto-hinting",
but that should not affect the printer or DVIPS
except in quality of output).

Regards, Berthold.