driver viewer

Here is my delima,

I have a proprietary software.  I am trying to capture the print file and eventually get this saved to an ascii file or .prn or .txt file
The software does not let me save it within the software.  EX: If I send it to a generic printer or or printer and save it to a file.  the software errors out and will not let me complete the print.

So I am trying to find something to trick the software to send to a printer driver  and have it  recognize it and come in as a viewable file.  Once this happens if I can save it in its proprietary file format and then reprint it to a printer to print to a file .prn or txt file.     I will import this file into my proprietary software package

Thanks for your help.

Stress out
Gary