Re: Problem with ~ and ^

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:59:25 -0500 (EST), Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I am glad to leave the mess of T1/TS1/8r for a clean LY1
>solution that makes sense.

Reading this will certainly make Berthold happy :-)

The "mess", as you said, was certainly not due to T1/TS1/8r,
but due to using the wrong tools.  I remember that I succeeded
equally well in making (for the first time!) a couple of
8r/T1/TS1 fonts with fontinst, just by following the instructions
in the excellent manual.  And I have successfully applied the
ideas of 8r/T1/TS1 encoding and the fontinst tool for several
non-trivial projects since then.

just my 2 c ...

Walter