Re: Problem with type 42 font

I have just discovered ttf2pf, the Polish TTF->Type 42 converter, which works FINE.

You can get it from:

ftp://ftp.gust.org.pl/TeX/GUST/contrib/BachoTeX98/ttf2pf

It uses gs, and to use it under Unix you first have to do a small change:

in file ttf2pf.ps:

s/GS_TTF.PS/gs_ttf.ps/g;
s/PF2AFM.PS/pf2afm.ps/g;

(DOS-oriented??)

I had no time yet to test it on all fonts, but this may well be the ultimate tool.
Long live Poland!

On 17/04/99 at 22:28, tjk@ams.org (Tom Kacvinsky) wrote:

> I had problems with ttf2ps. I couldn't get it to write out a PS file
> from a TrueType font.  What version are you using?  Where did you get
> it?  The copy I am using I found at
>
> http://www.leo.org/pub/comp/usenet/comp.sources.postscript/ttf2ps/ttf2ps.tar.gz/.

Actually I mispelled it: it is ttfps I'm using. I got it from
ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/jec/programs/ttfps.tar.gz
I compiled it under Linux and it works fine, except for times.ttf
| Yannis Haralambous, Ph.D.                  yannis@fluxus-virus.com |
|                                 http://www.fluxus-virus.com/yannis |
| 187, rue Nationale                     fax :  +33 (0)3.20.40.28.64 |
| 59800 Lille, France                    tél. : +33 (0)6.07.98.16.26 |
| Visit the Omega home page!!                http://www.ens.fr/omega |
                         ...pour distinguer l'extérieur d'un aquarium,
                                        mieux vaut n'être pas poisson

                        ...the ball I threw while playing in the park
                                         has never reached the ground