Broken Linotype font

There seems ample evidence now that the Linotype font problem reported
by Walter Schmidt <wschmi@ibm.net> on this list on Fri, 05 Feb 1999
02:19:34 +0100 is real:

>> I have downloaded a free Type1 font from the Linotype site
>> <http://www.linotypelibrary.com>.  They are distributing one
>> variant (regular 430) of their new "Univers basic" font family.
>> They call it a "Demo" but they say it's not "crippled" in any way.

Let's do our colleagues at Linotype a favor and get the bug reported
to them ASAP.  From

	http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/fonts/linotype.html

I have this information:

	Linotype Inc

	Linotype-Hell AG
	Siemenswall
	D-23107 Kiel
	Germany

The question is, does anyone on this list have a personal contact
inside Linotype?  Such a person would be more likely to initiate a
prompt fix than perhaps a bug report to their webmaster might.  And a
bug report from a tex-fonts list member representing a company that is
in the font business might carry more weight than one from
Jill.Q.Public@anyu.edu.

As an aside, this is not the first instance of a commercial font being
corrupted; http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/fonts/deneba-fontnames.html
documents a problem with one font on the Deneba CD-ROM.

- Center for Scientific Computing       FAX: +1 801 585 1640, +1 801 581 4148 -
- University of Utah                    Internet e-mail: beebe@math.utah.edu  -
- Department of Mathematics, 322 INSCC                   beebe@acm.org        -
- 155 S 1400 E RM 233                                    beebe@ieee.org       -
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0090, USA    URL: http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe  -