Re: Printing problem (Conflicting font name?)

   >   Yes, a well known bug in PS produced by DVIPS.  Which is why
   >   you should either (i) not include fonts (tell DVIPS they are printer
   >   resident in psfonts.map) and let Distiller find them, or (ii) at least
   >   suppress partial font downloading (-j0).

   >This is often unacceptable (e.g. for documents with CJK fonts).  Is
   >somebody working on a fix for dvips?

   Can't you just omit the fonts (remove the <foo.pfb parts of the
   lines in psfonts.map)?  Then tell Distiller through its preference
   menu where to find the fonts.  This is the preferred method.

I have no idea :-) I just had the impression that a fix for this
problem seems to be easy, and I only wanted to stress that omitting
the -j1 option makes documents with CJK fonts (created by dvips)
incredibly large.

    Werner