Re: fontname question: supplier letter for microsoft truetype fonts

   there are a number of free truetype fonts distributed by microsoft:
   see, e.g.,

   http://www.microsoft.com/typography

   With the help of ttf2tfm and then either ttf2pk or directly pdftex,
   one can happily use all these fonts in any custom TeX font encoding.
   These fonts include a significant subset of unicode sufficient for
   most european, cyrillic and greek languages.

   I wonder, what should be a canonical letter for the supplier of these
   fonts in the K.Berry's fontname scheme? I seemed to fail to find there
   any mentions about m$. :-)

Most of them already have an appropriate name (e.g. Antqua[bi].ttf == Book
Antiqua family from Monotype == maq).

I'm working on NFSS support for these files to include it into my
ttf2pk package. After I've done this I'll upload it to
CTAN.

Interested people can already check it on

   ftp://ftp.freetype.org/pub/freetype/devel/freetype-current.tar.gz

    Werner