[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
replacement CTAN fonts/psfonts/tools
After a period of email battering, I have given in, and revamped
(slightly) the tools I use to create PostScript font metrics for
TeX. These are stored in fonts/psfonts/tools on CTAN.
What I have done is:
- generally clear up, and add some new targets to the Makefile
- rewrite the remaining shell script in Perl
- go over the Perl scripts, and make them work only with web2c 7.0
(ie they call kpsewhich)
- test the whole thing under Windows NT, to get away from basic Unix
- put better messages into finst, my unofficial hack of fontinst
- added my name and email address to finst files.
The results are *UNCHANGED*, I sincerely hope. Prove me wrong, if you
What I have _not_ done is:
- alter the workings of finst in any way
- added any new documentation
- sorted out the remaining checksum issues which Piet T and I know so
I should add that I have no plans to write documentation.