psfonts question

Hi-
	I'm new at this.  I just obtained the psfonts from a CTAN server, and
in the .map files I notice several different definitions for the same font,
i.e.:

ptmro8r Times-Roman " .167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
ptmrr8re Times-Roman " 1.2 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
ptmrr8rn Times-Roman " .82 ExtendFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc

All 3 are Times-Roman.  Can someone explain?  Thanks.

Mark