AFMs for BlueSky CM Type 1 PS fonts...

Sometimes I think this is the strangest mailing list. We've spent lots
of time talking about Unicode and `dotless j's, but haven't mentioned
one of the most interesting developments of late, namely BlueSky's
donation of it's type 1 CM fonts to the public domain. Perhaps the
assumption is that this has been adequately covered in comp.text.tex?
(Reminds me of how the addition of partial font downloading to dvips
passed by just as quietly.)

As things stand, however, I see a problem with the current distribution
of these fonts. We currently have one distribution for Macintosh users
and one for ATM users, but no complete distribution. What I mean here
is that we're missing the AFM files for these fonts; it's true that
there are tools that could generate AFM files both from the Mac font
bundles and from the PFM files, and even perhaps from the original TFM
files, yet I would have thought there would be cannonical AFM files from
the creation of the font that may very well be more complete than any
of these.

Does anyone here (Berthold, for example?) have these AFM files that they
could make available? Currently, I feel that my best bet may be to keep
the AFM files from the BaKoMa fonts and use those (?).

    Melissa.

P.S. Yes, you can claim that I don't really *need* AFM files most of
the time, since I'm typesetting with TeX, but then I never use /bin/gdb
yet it's nice to know it's there, just in case.